You have been studying English for a long time and feel that you have a wide range of vocabulary at your disposal. The problem is that you find it difficult to understand your native colleagues at work, especially when they use "those" expressions. Native English speakers use lots of idioms which can be confusing. You might understand the individual words in each idiom, but you don't understand what the expressions actually mean. For example, if your boss tells you that you need to "step up" and "sort things out", then you may struggle to find sense in the meaning.
Understanding and using English idioms at work will help you express yourself more effectively in your job. Idioms are often used as a short cut, a way to express a concept or idea in a short and memorable way. Humans use idioms to engage their listeners and emphasise their ideas and opinions. If you use idioms, you will be able to express yourself in a more colourful and natural way.
This course will teach you lots of common English idioms used at work. You'll be able to build stronger relationships with your English-speaking colleagues and clients by using the language they speak.Enter your text here...
Each video is between 3 and 5 minutes long and gives you a scenario based approach to improving your knowledge of idioms. The course covers the following areas of business:
- Module one: marketing idioms
- Module two: Finance idioms
- Module three: behaviour idioms
- Module four: operations and productions idioms
- Module five: management idioms
- Module six: planning idioms
Each lesson within each module contains the explanation of each idiom, the dialogue of each scenario and practice exercises to make sure you have understand each expression.
Who this course is for:
- Adult learners of English as a second language.
- Professionals who need to use English at work.
- Anyone with an intermediate level of English who wants to expand their knowledge of English expressions and improve their listening and reading skills.